Sabtu, 15 Mei 2010

Somebody Up There Likes Me......

Sat I started with the flu....then last night K got the flu.
I felt bad but knew I could take care of her like she took care of me.

Then as she is praying to the toilet last night...about 3 am I had a gas bump
(i thought) in my belly just below the ribs in the middle.

It almost from the start hurt about a 8 out of 10. I did all i could to get rid of it
but nothing worked until 9am when I told Karolyn I had to go to the ER.

I called my neighbor Paul and he jumped at the chance to drive me.
Then his wife Diane called back and said call 911 as I'll get taken into
the ER immediately.

Seemed like a good idea. When they arrived...I had difficulty moving my body.
My belly hurt so much. I met them outside the door and they put me on the cart and
then the ambulance truck. I didn't have to fake anything,,,I hurt.

I didn't care as I hurt bad....the pain never changed...never weaker never worse if it could
get worse.

My neighbors agreed to watch and take care of Karolyn as I went by myself.

As we entered the ER the registration was already completed and I had a IV by
the paramedics. Still in serious pain.

ER checked me out starting with a EKG and then xrays....they are digital and showed
up immediately for the drs....cool again.

Then i got the shot of Pain killer something called ??dollarsdrad????

And off to a lab for a Ultra sound of my organs....kidneys, liver...gall bladder--GALL BLADDER is
right where the pain was....I wonder??

By the time I got back to the Er...they had two glasses of Kool Aid....with a base of BARIUM.
I remember having the Barium drink a long time ago with my diverticulitis...25 yrs ago and
I can still remember the difficulty of swallowing it.

I didn't look forward to 2 tall glasses.

I swallowed it and ummm, maybe its not too bad. It wasn't white and kinda green riverish.

I had hunger pains and the drinks filled me up.

An hour after drinking the Kool Air,,,the pain slowly returned.

But it was time for a Cats scan....when I arrived, the tech was a look a like for my
daughter in law Lori. I took some photos with the tele but who knows how to download it
to my computer. Not me.

As we returned to ER so did the pain and I told dr Brien that I needed another pain shot and
make it stronger PLEASE! He did and the pain got to where I forgot about it.

Then the dr walked in and told me I had rocks....rocks I said...and he laughed,
No I meant you have GALL BLADDER STONES and they're causing the pain.

So he called a surgeon to tell me how he was going to operate on me.

I can't do nothing without discussing this with my wife. I had no experience
with stones but K did know people who had them.

Do it now, she said and get it over with....and leave me alone, i'm sick.

Ok, I guess I'll wait the surgeon and tell him its ok to do his work.

A nice looking guy with a strong American swede look walked in and
asked if he could examine me.

I asked about the surgery and he said Let me check you out first.
Dr. Ken started poking and pushing down and I didn't feel anything.

I said that the Pain shot really works.

He smiled and said No I don't think so and started to draw stick organs of the
Gall Bladder looks and works.

He said the stones moved from where they blocked the duct and you're cured
unless it happens again.

He gave me his card; if it does Call me and i'll take care of it.

You're released.

I called/yelled for Nurse Margo to unhook me and called neighbor Paul to pick me
up at the dunkin donuts across the street from the hospital

I ran out of Sarasota Memorial and felt like a prisoner released who was innocent.

I got on the phone and tried to cross rt 41 and 7 lanes of traffic.

Oh no,,,,I missed biting the bullet in the hospital and almost get whacked by a black
Infinity.....nice going.
Oh nuts,,,I left everything in the hospital and crossed it again. Without a cell phone
in my ear.

Paul soon arrived and took me home to Karolyn. She was still sick and asleep so I went
and got a sandwich and some soup for her.

And got a script for emergency pain pills in case it does return for $15 and forgot to
use my Medicar card sub 2 prescription.

Karolyn was awake and requested scrambled eggs which came out almost perfect.

Now, its time for sleep for both of us. Tonight she needs it more than me.

So to sum it up: Our trip to fla
2 weeks of chills and bad colds....advil cold and sinus.
2 weeks of pine pollen....everywhere and up our noses.....drippy noses.
weeks of rehab wasted by the Flu.
My wife sleeping on the bathroom floor....
Learning I have Gall Bladder Stones......with the pain that goes with them.

Being in Fla......Worth it all
c'ya

jim
Somebody up there likes में....

फ्रॉम : अंडी रहली
जिका इन्गीं बेर्हसिल दान मेमिलिकी सेसुअतुई दान इज्न्गिन मनांग मका देंगार्कंब्लाह कटा हटी..

0 komentar: